It's true. I love the fact that they sell them at our local market. Year round. I bought 2 pints the other day for $2.50. Is that a good deal? I'm horrible with prices.
When I discovered this recipe, incorporating cookies and strawberries, I couldn't wait to try it. A few weeks ago my friend Meg made them while I was super sick with a sinus infection. And they were amazing. So of course I had to try them, too, so I could share them with you!
I must say, though, that when I saw that they contain balsamic vinegar, I was a little hesitant. But no worries. They're amazing. They're super soft and fluffy and go great with a tall glass of milk or a cup of hot chocolate.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Balsamic Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
prep: 20 mins
bake: 14 mins
servings: 24
2 pints chopped strawberries
1 1/2 T balsamic vinegar
3 1/2 c flour
2 t baking powder
1 t salt
2/3 c butter
2/3 c shortening
1 1/2 c sugar
2 whole eggs
2 t vanilla
course sugar
Drizzle strawberries with balsamic vinegar. Allow to marinate while making dough.
Preheat oven to 350.
In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a mixer bowl, mix butter, shortening, and sugar for 2 minutes on high. Reduce mixer to medium and add eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla.
While mixing, slowly pour in flour mixture until fully incorporated.
Spread out the strawberries on paper towels and pat dry. Gently fold in strawberries to dough.
Form dough into 1-inch balls and sprinkle with course sugar (or regular sugar).
Bake for 14-15 minutes.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
So yummy.
And I just realized that this is my second strawberry sweet thing in a row. I promise next time will be savory! Maybe some sweet and sour chicken?? Yumm :)
No comments:
Post a Comment