baseball.
laying in the sun.
reading a good book.
eating an awesome dinner.
hanging out with all my friends.
{You like how those got progressively longer? I didn't plan that.}
Anyway... I got to experience all of the above today! I met my friends for a community softball game. It was so sweet to my heart to watch a baseball connecting with a bat and then people running to beat the ball to the base. Mmm. And it was wonderful to see that there are so many people who share my love of baseball. I did not play. These guys out there playing were way too serious for my [lack of] skills. I cheered.
Today was the first opportunity I've had to lay in the sun in weeks. And I was out there for hours. Needless to say, I got burned. To a crisp. Oh, and just to clarify, "laying out" has taken on a whole new meaning for me: I wore a tank top and capris.
I finished reading Runaway Jury, by John Grisham. I discovered him when I was in the village. He's such a good author! Now I need to find the movie...
I made the best sweet and sour chicken that I've ever tasted. Seriously, so good. I don't know how often I'll make it though. It annoys me when it takes an hour to make something that I finish off in under 5 minutes.
And lastly, I ended the day by going to a friends house for a "Christmas in July" party. There was Christmas music, Christmas cookies, a few Christmas decorations. But I boycott Christmas in July. I only want to hear the music, eat the cookies, and see the decor for a month out of every year. If it's too much, I'll get tired of it! But we played Mafia. I love Mafia. I hadn't played that since college. I was killed off in the first round by the mafia in the first game and killed off in the first round by the townspeople in the second game. Maybe it wasn't a good night for me... oh, well. :)
The lovely, make-shift baseball field

No comments:
Post a Comment