“This training might prove to be the hardest of my
life. It just might save my life.”
Ann Voskamp
If you’re a believer, I’m sure you’re either in the middle
of, just finished, or are getting ready to go through a time of some
kind of "training", whether it be affliction, loss, discouragement, etc.
And here is what God has encouraged me with during this
extremely new time of my life as I go through many different types of
training. I hope you’re encouraged, too.
It’s a learning process…
“I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with
everything. I have learned the secret of
living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with
plenty or little.”
Philippians 4:11-12
It’s a time to rejoice in His work…
“Already the one who reaps is receiving wages and gathering
fruit for eternal life, so that sower and reaper may rejoice together… I sent
you to reap that for which you did not labor.
Others have labored, and you have entered into their labor.”
John 4:36-38
It’s a time to rest on His promises…
“You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant
peace whose mind [both inclination and its character] is stayed on you, because
he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You.”
Isaiah 26:3 (Amp)
It’s an opportunity to focus on Him…
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish
gain! Turn my eyes from looking at
worthless things; and give me life in your ways. Confirm to your servant your promise, that
you may be feared.”
Psalm 119:36-38
It’s a search for joy in Him…
“The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him,
and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to Him in song.”
Psalm 28:7
It’s an opportunity to find my source for everything in Him…
“For it is you who light my lamp, the Lord my God lightens
my darkness. For by you I can run
against a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall.”
Psalm 18:28-29
It’s where I can know protection from Him…
“For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you
in all your ways. On their hands they
will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.”
Psalm 91:11-12
It's a walk of faith in Him...
“for we walk by faith, not by sight.”
2 Corinthians 5:7
It’s a place for seeking Him…
“Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His presence
continually!”
Psalm 105:4
It’s a way to pour out my soul to Him…
“For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,
for my hope is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
My fortress; I shall not be shaken.
On God rests my salvation and my glory;
My mighty rock, my refuge is God.
Trust in Him at all times, O people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us.”
Psalm 62:5-8
It’s a time of renewal in Him…
“Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God.”
Psalm 42:11
It’s an opportunity for thanksgiving to Him…
“I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will
recount all of your wonderful deeds.”
Psalm 9:1
It’s a time to let Him lead…
“For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who
say to you, ‘Fear not, I am the one who helps you.’”
Isaiah 41:13
No comments:
Post a Comment