And they sang a new song: “You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.” Revelation 5:9-10
I was reading this in Revelation the other day and it just hit me how important Wycliffe's work in Papua New Guinea really is! This is a prophecy of what the elders and angels will sing to Jesus at the end times. If this verse is true (which it is...), this means that Jesus won't return until the remaining tribes and languages (almost 300) in PNG have had the opportunity to accept salvation through Jesus- "you purchased men... from every tribe and language..." How will they know unless they hear?
This very much made me realize even more how important my job will be as I work with Wycliffe. If Vision 2025 (the goal that every remaining language have a Bible translation started by the year 2025) is realized, I'll get to see it happen in my lifetime- and I can't wait for that day! And I'm so excited that I get to be a part of it.
You can be a part of it, too! If you'd like to partner with me, click here. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment