Monday, October 4, 2010

It's October. Wow.

Sorry, so many people have said this lately so I'm just repeating something that you Atlantans have heard many times in the past week... Welcome back, Fall!  I've missed you!

Sadly, though, I have to leave the Atlanta Fall weather and spend 2 weeks in Orlando where they haven't  gotten into a real Fall yet.  But besides the weather, I'm so excited about those 2 weeks!  I'm driving down next Saturday (the 9th) to my Onsite Wycliffe orientation training, with a family who is also going to Papua New Guinea at the same time as I am!  (You can read about them here.)  We get the 16th and 17th free, so my family has decided to come down and spend some of that time with me.  I think we'll go to Islands of Adventure... we'll see.  Then I'll come back home on the 23rd.
___

How about some randomness??

I went to the Braves game today with Emily and Sandy... they beat the Phillies, Padres lost against the Giants.  That means the Braves are in the Playoffs!!  Have I mentioned that I love baseball?

We found out this week that April 2011 is the very last Passion Play ever.  It's been in existence so long... I think this will be its 34th or 35th year?  Some people have been a part of it for that long, some for their whole lives.  Can you imagine losing something like that?  Well, that fact did solidify my decision to be in it!  It'll be my 6th year.

Dr. Stanley preached on courage today.  God told Joshua "No man will be able to stand before you all the days of your life.  Just as I have been with Moses, I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you.  Be strong and courageous, for you shall give this people possession of the land which I swore to their fathers to give them.  Only be strong and very courageous; be careful to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, so that you may have success wherever you go.  This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success.  Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous!  Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:5-9)  This is going to be a passage to which I refer often throughout my new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment