Thursday, September 16, 2010

a song for you

Since my blog is called "songs about me", how about it's time for a song?

I'm listening to Marc Ivey right now.  Have you ever heard of him?  He went to Liberty for a couple years, lives in Lynchburg now, is an amazing singer.  My church has fallen in love with him and I think we've hosted him at least 10 times this year.  Once when he was here I helped host him so he gave me all 3 of his CDs.  That was nice of him.  And now I'm finally putting them on my iphone.  One of his CDs is "Worship Hymns"... you like that play on words? It's a mixture of modern worship songs and hymns.  I like it.  Here's a song for you from that CD...


My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine;
For Thee all the follies of sin I resign;
My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

I love Thee because Thou hast first loved me,
And purchased my pardon on Calvary’s tree;
I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

I’ll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death,
And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath;
And say when the death dew lies cold on my brow,
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

In mansions of glory and endless delight,
I’ll ever adore Thee in heaven so bright;
I’ll sing with the glittering crown on my brow,
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

There are really like 5 different songs I wanted to give you today, but this is the one I chose.  There are so many reasons to love Jesus, and I pray you're falling in love with Him more and more every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment