Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Four Christmases

I love my Uka-families!  They were so great to invite me to be a part of their family traditions or just a simple meal and a little climbing trees.  They're wonderful!

Meet the Lindleys...


I met them at POC.  Cathy is a dear friend and they're an awesome family!  We had Christmas Eve dinner together, before heading out to the Christmas Eve production.

And now, the Ellis Family.


We've been through everything together.  We are all from Atlanta, we joined around the same time, we went to Orientation in Orlando (caravaned down together), cultural training in NC, and moved to PNG at the same time to attend PNG Orientation then on to Ukarumpa.  I showed up at their house at 7:30am for Christmas breakfast and opening of gifts.  Tara took it upon herself to wrap all of the little gifts (individually) that my mom sent to me for Christmas.  It was pretty great watching these kids open all their gifts!

The Smiths.


Oh, the Smiths.  These kids are so incredibly sweet, crack me up all the time, and amaze me at how fast they can go from a belly laugh to a grumpy face.  And Susan is one of my all-time favorites.  We had Christmas lunch together.

And the Warringtons!


They are so great.  We met at POC and became fast friends.  They usually live in Wewak, but I think I've pretty much talked them into moving to Uka full time. :)  I interrupted their Christmas "tea", we climbed some trees for a few great photos, and then they indulged me by watching Christmas Vacation for the first time ever! (They're from the UK... :))

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Love,
brandy

1 comment:

  1. It was an honor to spend part of Christmas with you Brandy! Our kids love you--our fam loves you. Thanks again! :)
    -tOdd & Cath
    ps--feel free to add our blog to your 'blog roll' anytime, lol ;)

    ReplyDelete