God gives good gifts.
Some of you may remember this post about when I discovered how homesick I had become. I thought that would mean that the holiday season would be awful for me. That I would miss my family so much that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the fun and excitement happening here.
A friend from home told me a few weeks ago that I had a choice- basically either I could give in to regret and sorrow in not being home, or live in the moments in which God puts me, with the people sharing those moments with me. So I decided, after some thought on that, to make the second choice. And I'm so glad I did.
I got to Skype with my family the week of Thanksgiving. That was really nice. I'm really thankful for Skype. But in Ukarumpa, I got, not one... or two... or even three... but four Thanksgiving celebrations! And by Thanksgiving celebration, I mean lots of yummy traditional food and good company.
That's some of us singles, having a Thanksgiving party at my house.
Oh, aaaand I got to pretend to "black Friday" shop. Thanksgiving Saturday (which was actually still Friday for most of you) our store opened at 9:00 for some special items they got in just for Christmas. A group of us most definitely did go at 7:30, with chairs and coffee in hand, to wait for the opening of the gate. Totally not necessary, but totally worth it.
Some more recent photos of life in Ukarumpa will be uploaded on Facebook in the next couple days, so be watching for them! :)




Thankful for you and for you answering the call God made for your life. Living through your eyes.
ReplyDelete