Thursday, November 1, 2012

Stuck in Time

Is it really November?!

The only shift in weather we ever experience is from sunshine to rain.  Nothing changes long term.


A flower might die, but a new one is there to take its place almost immediately. 
Leaves fall with the wind, but the trees are ever producing. 
I might be chilly when I leave for work, but by lunch the sun is strong again.
Vegetables are always growing, there is always someone harvesting their garden.
All green, all the time.


In the Southeast I would know that it's November 1st.  The leaves would be nearing their peak color.  The mornings would be crisp.  The temperatures would be considerably lower than they were a week ago.  Pumpkins would be everywhere.  The fields would be dry.  Change.  So much change.

photo by Luke Warrington

So I kind of feel like I'm stuck in time.  The only way that I can tell what time of year it is, is to look at my little date stamp in the bottom right corner of my screen.  I know time is moving, but I can't feel it moving anymore.  The "1/11/12" I write on papers at work today feels like just numbers to me now.  Maybe it's really still May, when I arrived in Ukarumpa.

But May in Ukarumpa sure is beautiful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment