I can go 5 days without washing my hair. Well, technically I should only go 4 days. But I went 5 days this week, and it turned out just fine. I also save lots of time not blow drying and straightening my hair. I straightened it one day so I could trim it (yes, I cut my own hair!) and I had to keep straightening it every 5 minutes because of the attack of the humidity. But the humidity now makes my hair curl just beautifully. I think that has something to do with not being able to use a blow dryer for 3 months straight while in training.
There is a couple here who has a video rental service. $1.50 for 3 nights. And they have a very wide selection. I'm now in the middle of watching Downton Abbey and Battlestar Galactica. There are also others who graciously let you borrow from their DVD supply.
I get a tan just from walking to and from work because the sun is so close.
I can snuggle under my blanket and comforter because sometimes it gets to a chilling 55 degrees at night (we also don't have heat, nor are our houses insulated, therefore it's also a chilling 55 degrees inside). In training, it was so hot at night that sometimes I wouldn't even sleep under a thin sheet. Sleeping is made so much easier by covering myself with warm things. And I'm pretty excited that my new house (more to come on that later) will have a fire place!
I'm developing a love for cooking. You can't get many prepared foods here, and the things that are prepared are too expensive to even glance at. So in order to not have tacos, spaghetti, or pizza every night, I'm learning to expand my horizons and learn some things about cooking. Check out my new blog feature, Recipe Wednesdays.
There are amazing second-hand stores in the nearby town. Every time I go I come home with a couple pretty awesome finds. One time I found this red polka-dot skirt!
- - - - -
A few things not to love: spotty internet service (aghh!) that you have to pay for by the megabyte, not being able to walk outside after dark alone (especially since it gets dark at 6:30!), no movie theater, restaurants, etc. Those 3 facts alone have changed my whole way of living. And that's not a bad thing. :)
*click on the pics to enlarge them
No comments:
Post a Comment