Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Connections

I spent this past weekend as a leader for a group of high school girls at our Connect Conference (like a Disciple Now Weekend).  It was a pretty great weekend, and here's why...

I was adamantly against doing this since last year.  I'm usually talked into or pressured into being a leader and then end up hating my life because my heart's not in it.  But this year was different.  I thought I was home free... no one was pressuring me and I was just going to have a nice weekend all to myself.  On Wednesday I got a random email from someone that pretty much said, "I hope you're a leader this weekend, because you need to be."  I kind of just brushed that off.  That night I went to sleep completely happy with the free weekend that was coming up... then I dreamed that I was a leader.  (By the way, God's never used a dream to get my attention before -unless I just wasn't listening- and this is the second time in a month that's happened.)  Then, Thursday morning, I read Isaiah 30:21 which says, "Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way, walk in it,' whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left."  All that I heard God say was "Just listen to me."  Three confirmations??  Ok, I'll do it. :)

As I experienced this weekend, I had many observations; some discouraging, most encouraging.  My favorite observation was seeing that we have a generation of kids that have an amazing potential to change this world for Christ.  My prayer is that they keep the passion that I saw in so many of them, that they remember what God did in their lives, put it into action, and never stop living it.

Here's a picture of all my girls (Virginia was my excellent co-leader!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such a great weekend! It's so good to hear God tell you where to go!

    ReplyDelete