Wednesday, October 13, 2010

11 days to go!

"You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You discern my thoughts from afar.  You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways." Psalm 139:2-3
Even when we don't know where we are, He does!  And He knows exactly how to protect us and provide for us.

We just completed day 3 of our Equip training!  It's really great, but long days!  We start at 7:50am (or 7:00 if you go down to eat breakfast) and end after dinner, with a little break at 4:00.  I have some pictures for you, taken by my new camera (Sony NEX-5)!

This is our apartment.  I'm living with 4 other ladies in a three-bedroom apartment.  My roommate is awesome. You'll meet her on down the page...
 

This is Bob and Dallas Creson.  He is the president of Wycliffe USA.  And I love that her name is Dallas! :)  They invited all of us over for ice cream with the best fudge topping I've ever had.  Then they told us a short version of their awesome story.

This is during my second photo shoot.  The first was a studio shot, this one: several with bushes behind me, some sitting, some standing.  Don't worry, I'm rocking a side-pony.

This is my roommate, Katie.  She's great!  She'll be in Dallas as a recruiter/short-term trip planner for high school and college students (Get Global).  We go on run/walks in the evening... mostly walks :)

This is one of the MANY incredibly cute kids here this week.  Her name is Anika.  She's so content!

And of course I had to take a close flower shot on my new camera.

This is the office building/ Discovery Center.  My apartment is to the far left of the pic.  This is one of their 3 man-made ponds.  Their grounds are beautiful!

This is behind the Discovery Center.

This is a really great feature of my new camera... panoramic!

This is where we eat lunch and dinner. Amazing food, too many desserts. :)

And that's all for today.  Keep praying for me, and I can't wait until I get to tell you all about Wycliffe, what they do, how they do it, what I'm going to do, and why I'm doing it!  Also pray for others here with me.  They are literally from all stages of life... young single, newly married, married with kids, married with grown kids, older married, older singles.  Each of us has a lot of different struggles, but some similar, too!

1 comment:

  1. Brandy,
    It sounds like a wonderful learning experience and looks like such an amazing place to grasp the vision and prepare for your mission journey.
    I'm keeping you lifted up in prayer.
    Can't wait to hear more!
    Love ya,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete