Monday, August 9, 2010

SIL in PNG

I just accepted a job offer as an Accountant/Advisor for SIL in Papua New Guinea!  SIL is an arm of Wycliffe Bible Translators.

Here's what I know so far:

  • I have a 6-week online training course starting August 23.  This will probably teach me more than I ever thought I could know about Wycliffe.
  • I have a 2-week training course in Orlando (Wycliffe's headquarters) October 9-23.  This is an extension of the online training and will involve me getting to know other trainees and learn even more about Wycliffe.
  • After that I don't have any training again until next fall.  So for about a year, I'll stay where I am now as an accountant at FBA, and I'll do my support-raising.
  • Next fall I have 10-12 weeks of training in Texas.  This will involve training for my specific job as well as inter-culteral training.
  • Then I'm off to PNG in the beginning of 2012!  That seems like such a long time away right now.

I've had the following emotions... excitement, fear, happiness, anticipation, nervousness, sadness... and I'm sure much more will come!

It's so amazing to look back and clearly see how God orchestrated specific things in my life to put me in the position I'm in today.  I'll write about that some day!

Oh, and I welcome questions!!  This will help me to have more questions to ask them! :)

4 comments:

  1. I have had he following emotions: pride on your behalf, sad, excited, jealous you get to move across the world, and anxiety about life without you! I'm confident excitement will take over and remain. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very proud of my angel. I'll miss you more than you'll ever know but I guess God needs His angel elsewhere now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandy, how exciting! As long as you're in the center of God's will, He will guide you one step at a time. Remember He does not illuminate your complete path, but gives you just enough light for only the next step along the way. This is how He teaches you to trust Him. I know He is going to grow you immensely over the next months. Be on guard too, the enemy would like nothing better than to discourage you or fill you with fear. Stand firmly and keep your armor on. I'll be praying for you in the days ahead. He will honor your obedience and your willingness to serve Him. Love you, Bonnie Annis

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you and glad to hear an update! Can't wait to follow you on this journey!

    ReplyDelete