If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love,
I am a noisy gong or a clanging symbol.
1 Corinthians 13:1
I'm bi-lingual now. Did you know that? I can speak Tok Pisin pretty well!
Last week we had our monthly Morning in Prayer, where we on the Ukarumpa center get together in the meeting house and pray for things going on within the organization. That verse (1 Corinthians 13:1) was on the screen when I walked in.
And it's so true.
We can learn all 830 PNG languages, even all 6,900 languages on earth... even the language of angels! But it means nothing if we don't learn them with love. And use our knowledge of them to act in love.
So we pray that God places in our hearts love for Himself, love for Papua New Guineans, and love for each other as we serve through Bible translation.
So we pray that God places in our hearts love for Himself, love for Papua New Guineans, and love for each other as we serve through Bible translation.
No comments:
Post a Comment