This is Esau, Mercy, and Absalom. Mercy was my wassusa. Absalom and his mom and his baby sister lived with my wasfamili. Esau's mom left for a long trip, so my waspapa looked after him. They were precious. Esau got into a lot of trouble. Mercy had a great laugh. And contrary to the way he looks in this picture, Absalom has the best, biggest smile ever. They were my favorite kids.
They would put out pretty flowers on our table every once in a while...
The kids loved to play a game they called wada. I can't explain it to you on here. But we'll play it sometime. :)
These are a group of kids that lived closest to us. I'm sure there were a couple hundred kids in our village, but the village was huge so I never saw all of them.
And this game was called jingle jungle. Not sure how they came up with the name, but they tied together plastic strings, put them around their waists, and one person jumped over the string in a pattern. I will not be showing that game to you. :)
Nigel did not like to get his picture taken.
A fisherman caught this turtle and Absalom held it down until we could run to the beach to see it. I won't tell you what they did with it after we saw it... (Oh, and this apparently is a SMALL turtle)
Sapopo :)
Playing on the beach.
Katura and Nigel. Katura was so funny. She wouldn't smile for a second while I was taking the pictures, but as soon as I'd snap one, she'd run over with a big smile wanting to see herself.
Aren't they great? :)
Pray for these kids that they are able to grow up with the knowledge of God and follow him through their lives.
Pray for these kids that they are able to grow up with the knowledge of God and follow him through their lives.











No comments:
Post a Comment