Saturday, December 10, 2011

A new ministry

If you're wondering what training for me might look like, check out this blog by Catherine.  She is in Papua New Guinea as a linguist, just finished her Pacific Orientation Course a couple weeks ago, and is now in Ukarumpa for a little while (that's where I'll live).  She is great at communicating her experiences!

I just added a new feature to my blog.  You can now subscribe through email!  Look over on the left-hand side under my picture.  Type in your email address, click "Submit", and wait for a confirmation email.  You'll have to confirm your email subscription by clicking a link in that email, then you'll be all set up!  And now you'll be able to read all about my amazing experiences in PNG firsthand!


I made these cheese danishes when I was at home over Thanksgiving.  They are simply divine.  Here's the recipe.  I used the rest of the cream cheese mixture on top instead of the preserves.


I got new rain boots for the rainy seasons in PNG!  I love that one little yellow leaf among all the red ones.  And I love that my shirt matches the ground!

1. Thanksgiving day | 2. Shopping day | 3. Picture day

I have decided that Ukarumpa should probably have a fashion blogger.  Therefore, I have also decided to make that one of my side ministries when I live there.  And you'll be able to learn all about what we're wearing on the other side of the world!  Aren't you so excited?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe! I love the new boots and the pretty leaves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you have positive fashion trends to share about us... Then I'm excited!! :)

    ReplyDelete