Sunday, January 1, 2012

Butterflies

I constantly have butterflies in my stomach these days.  The more I think about moving away, the more active they get.  And I hate packing, so the thought of packing up stuff for 4 years kind of makes me sick to my stomach.  Which leads to procrastination.


The other day I was telling my mom all of this, and I asked her, "What if I'm wrong?  What if I'm not doing the right thing?"  Her advice: "Remember."

"Remember this, fix it in mind, take it to heart...
Remember the former things, those of long ago;
I am God, and there is no other; I am God and there is no one like me. 
I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please."
Isaiah 46:8-10 


I got my Visa this week.  I held it in my hands on Wednesday.  There was an excitement I could feel as I held it.  It was like a surge of energy.  And I knew it was a gift- a little love note- from God.  And I could hear Him say it... "Remember.  Remember how far we've come.  Remember what I've brought you through, what I've taught you.  Remember all the precious times we've had together this year.  Remember the mountains I've moved or turned into molehills.  Remember how I've provided.  Remember the milestones we've created together.  Remember the people I've brought into your life to encourage you, lift you up, pray for you.  Remember my love for you, and never forget it."

"He has caused His wonders to be remembered;
the Lord is gracious and compassionate."
Psalm 111:4

 "Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget
the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live.
Teach them to your children and to their children after them.  Remember..."
Deuteronomy 4:9-10

In the study notes for that verse of the NIV Study Bible, "Remember" is defined: "the divine call to Israel to remember the Lord's past redemptive acts- especially how He delivered them from slavery."

Hebrews began celebrating the Feast of Tabernacles once they reached the promised land after the 40 years of wandering in the desert.  It is a time of remembrance of how the Lord led them out of slavery, through the wilderness, and provided for them.

2011 was an exciting year for me!  Maybe my favorite yet.


In Genesis, you'll find several accounts of when Jacob set up stones as pillars to remember what God did in his life.  I think my visa will be my "Stone of Remembrance" for 2011.

What do you need to remember about this year?  How will you be sure to remember it?  What will be your "Stone of Remembrance"?

:) brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment