Monday, December 19, 2011

EM:HE | Lincolnton-style

Ty Pennington was in my hometown all week!


Well... not all week.  You know how they show him and the designers in the show like they are there the whole time?  Yeah, they're not.  They come with the camera crew a couple hours a day.  All the hard work is done by the many amazing volunteers that give so much time and energy to build an 8-bedroom house in one week.

And my dad was one of those people!  He was one of the supervisors for the day-time shift of 8am-8pm every single day for six days.  Yesterday was the last work day, and He slept at least 8 hours last night for the first time in as long as I can remember.  Seriously, every night he goes to bed after 11 and gets up by 5:30.  Ridic.


I didn't think I would get to visit the site.  But I drove in from Atlanta yesterday and made it to Lincolnton around 2pm... just in time for daddy to get me in, give me a full tour of the house (as they were kicking most people out), and take pictures where the rest of the spectators weren't allowed to go; right before things started getting crazy.  It's true... I'm special.  And it's all because my daddy is awesome. :)  But they wouldn't let me take pictures of the inside of the house.

Here he is signing the sign for the family and standing in front of the house...


He's so official with his little ear piece.


The "move that bus" was supposed to happen at 6pm yesterday.  It didn't happen till almost 10!  Glad I didn't try to stick around for that.



Here's the news story from this morning.

And now you'll have to wait one year to see it on TV... it'll be the 2-hour 2012 Christmas special!  I'm gonna need someone to record it on DVD and send it to me in PNG after it airs...

:) brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment