Thursday, November 24, 2011

It can't be time yet...

Until yesterday, I hadn't heard a single bit of Christmas music at all.  And when a Christmas song came on the radio, I made my mom turn it off.  What?!  I'm usually the one listening to Christmas music at least a couple weeks before Thanksgiving.  Christmas is my favorite time of the year!  I love how long it lasts and all the traditions involved.  I love getting our tree the day after Thanksgiving and decorating the rest of that day.  And I love everything we do leading up to Christmas day.

So I tried to figure out what was wrong with me.  (No jokes here, Dad)

And I think I've got it figured out... I don't want Christmas to come this year!  Part of what Christmas means to me this year (besides the wonderful parts) is that in just a couple weeks after, I'm moving to another country and won't see my family and friends in person for at least a couple years.  It means that I have to face the fact that next Christmas I won't get an opportunity to get our Christmas tree, decorate, bake and cook, sing Christmas songs and read the story of Jesus' birth on Christmas Eve, eat lots of good food and open presents at several different locations... all with my family.

So if you see me in the next month, don't let me miss celebrating Christmas.  Don't let me miss the joy of being with my family and friends during these last precious moments.  Don't let me miss an opportunity to say solid, healthy "goodbyes".  And don't let me go a single day without listening to Christmas music!!

Happy thanksgiving, ya'll!  I'm thankful for YOU!  I hope you enjoy precious moments with your family and friends this season.  Don't let circumstances, worries or fears get in your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment