Our first stop: St. Louis, MO. It'll take 2 days to get there, and we'll spend our third day sightseeing, like going to the top of the arch!
Our next stop: Wyoming. We'll go through Sioux Falls, Rapid City, and Cody to get there. We'll stop off at Mount Rushmore, Bighorn Mountains, and to see some friends in Cody.
Mount Rushmore
Bighorn
We'll spend 2 days in Yellowstone, spending the night at the Old Faithful Inn. Then we'll spend a day in the Grand Teton National Park.
Old Faithful at Yellowstone
Grand Tetons
(ps... this has always been one of my favorite pictures of all time, and I just now learned that it's here!!)
On day 10 we'll drive to Denver, CO, to spend day 11 with the Botes- one of my favorite families in the world!! We're going to watched the Braves take on the Rockies!
The Botes
Coors Field
Day 12, we'll drive down to Flagstaff, AZ (the longest single drive of the trip: 11 hours!). Days 13, 14, and 15 will be spent at the Grand Canyon, Sedona Desert, and Monument Valley. I've been to the Grand Canyon before, but not the other places!
Grand Canyon
Cathedral Rock in Sedona Desert
Monument Valley
Days 16-18 will be spend driving I-40 all the way from AZ to NC. That will be a long and boring drive. But we are stopping off in Santa Fe, in Amarillo to eat at the Big Texan Restaurant (home of the free 72-ounce steak... if you can eat it all!), and in Memphis to go to Graceland.
Big Texan
Graceland
Day 19 will be spent in my bed, asleep!
Are you so sad you can't go on this big adventure? Don't worry, I'll post photos regularly to facebook, and maybe update my blog, so you can be right there with me! I apologize ahead of time that my pictures will not be as good as most of these. :)











Pretty sure you need to send me this itinerary so I can do this next summer! :) (So fun!--have a blast!) :)
ReplyDelete