Thursday, March 31, 2011

On PODs, Weather, and the Future

How about a "randoms" post?

I'm still going strong with my photo-of-the-day (POD) project!  Well, maybe not that strong (some of them are pretty lame), but I have not missed a day.  And I'm on day 75!  They say that after doing something for 21 days, it becomes a habit.  I would say that I have definitely formed a habit.  The purpose of doing this was two-fold... 1) to capture memories of every day of my year before I leave for PNG (This is hard some days when I don't do anything but sit on my couch.  I have to get pretty creative.) and 2) to learn how to use my "new" camera (This isn't working too well since I have a few awesome picture editing apps on my iPhone.)  Once it really does get warmer, I'll hopefully be able to expand my photo skills to the outdoors.  I love outdoor pics way better than indoor pics.  By the way, you can view my PODs here.

This weather lately is driving me crazy a little bit.  Of course when it was 80 degrees in February, I knew the cold wasn't completely gone.  But I think it's now time for that warm weather to come back for good.  And all these 4am storms have left me a little sleep deprived. 

A lot of people ask me what the climate is like in PNG.  It's on the equator, so it's pretty much the same year-round.  In the lowlands and on the coast, it's hot and humid.  I'll live in the highlands, though, where the highs are about 70-80 degrees and lows are 40-50.  And I've been told that there is a wet season and a wetter season.  I'm thinking I better get my hair used to being curly for the next 5 years.

Paul McDonald is going to win American Idol.

I am leaving FBA in less than two months!  I can't believe it.  I'll have been there for 6.5 years!  I will definitely miss everyone, but it's hard to not wish myself out of there sooner because I know what's coming up next in my life.  When you think about it, the more you know of the future, the more you wish you were in it now.  Maybe that's a reason why God only reveals so much, if any of what He has in store for us.  We'd always be wishing ourselves into it prematurely!

The very last season ever of the Atlanta Passion Play is coming up so soon!  Opening day is April 9.  That's 10 days!  Our final run-through at the church is Sunday.  We load-in to the Civic Center on Monday (one of my favorite days of this time of year).

Please pray for my roommate to find a place to live!  We have to be out of our apartment by the end of April.  If you have, or know of anyone who has, anything like an in-law suite in your house that you'd like to rent out, in Atlanta, let us know!  She needs to move the weekend of Easter.

Because I'm moving, and because I can't really take much with me to PNG, I'm in a very give-everything-away mood (well, not everything).  I've already given away 2 garbage bags full of clothes, and I have at least another left.  Now I'm on to books.

And I'm trying to sell this entertainment wall unit.  I bought it 1.5 years ago.  It retailed for $999.  It has a couple scratches, but is otherwise in great condition.  It's pretty awesome.  The measurements are 72" tall x 90" wide x 20" deep.  If you're interested, let me know!  I'm asking $250 for it (OBO).

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! Paul McDonald, place-to-live and Taebo! You should take a POD of homemade salsa, MK!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job , Brandy. I am looking forward to our photo outing!

    ReplyDelete