Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Perfect Timing

Yesterday I spoke in our staff chapel about Wycliffe, how my journey with them started, and what I'll be doing.  I was so nervous.  I was sitting in my office beforehand going over my notes, praying that the words I spoke would be from the Lord and not from me.  And I know these people so well and would have no problem talking to them if I'm on the same level, but the thought of standing in front of them had butterflies tearing up my stomach.  On my way to the chapel I looked in the Finance mailbox, and the only thing in there was a card with my name on the envelope.  I opened it and it says...

You're making a difference one life at a time.
Praying God will continue to encourage your heart, bless your life,
and surround you with His love as you serve Him.
(signed) Your friends and family at FBA

Can we say perfect timing?  That almost made me cry.  The person that gave this to me probably has no idea how much I needed it at that exact time.  All they did was obey the promptings of the Holy Spirit to choose that moment to place it in the mailbox.  And God's timing is so perfect, of course!

May my life be one of such simple obedience that everything I do is perfectly timed to bring God the most glory and each person I influence the most encouragement and love.

So after I got that, I will still nervous, but asking God to remind me that these people love me, support me, and care for me.  Once I stood up to speak, all the nerves went away!  God is so faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment